Access to this site is contingent upon your reading and agreeing to the terms and conditions of use.
Welcome to FantasySportsNetwork.com (FNTSY)! We are a subscription service that provides our members with access to video on demand; television and other audio-visual entertainment (“SHOWS”) streamed over the Internet to certain Internet-connected TV’s, computers, mobile and other devices (“FNTSY ready devices”).
If you are a resident of the Canada or United States (including its possessions and territories), you agree to the Arbitration Agreement and class action waiver described in Section 15 to resolve any disputes with FNTSY (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court).
- Membership, Free Trials, Billing and Cancellation
- Ongoing Membership. Your FNTSY membership, which may start with a free trial, will continue month-to-month unless and until you cancel your membership or we terminate it. You must have Internet access and provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment (as such may be updated from time to time, “Payment Method”) to use the FNTSY service. We will bill the monthly membership fee to your Payment Method. You must cancel your membership before it renews each month in order to avoid billing of the next month’s membership fees to your Payment Method.
- Free Trials
- Your FNTSY membership may start with a free trial. The free trial period of your membership lasts for one month, or as otherwise specified during sign-up. Free trials may not be combined with any other offers. Free trials are for new and certain former members only. FNTSY reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine your free trial eligibility.
- We will begin billing your Payment Method for monthly membership fees at the end of the free trial period of your membership unless you cancel prior to the end of the free trial period. To view the specific details of your membership, including monthly membership price and end date of your free trial period, visit our website and click the “View billing details” link on the “Your Account” page. We may authorize your Payment Method through various methods, including authorizing it up to approximately one month of service as soon as you register. In some instances, your available balance or credit limit may be reduced to reflect the authorization during your free trial period.
- You will not receive a notice from us that your free trial period has ended or that the paying portion of your membership has begun. CLICK THE “YOUR ACCOUNT” LINK AT THE TOP OF ANY FNTSY WEB PAGE (https://fantasysportsnetwork.com) TO FIND CANCELLATION INSTRUCTIONS. We will continue to bill your Payment Method on a monthly basis for your membership fee until you cancel.
- Recurring Billing. By starting your FNTSY membership, you authorize us to charge you a monthly membership fee at the then current rate, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the FNTSY service to your Payment Method. You acknowledge that the amount billed each month may vary from month to month for reasons that may include differing amounts due to promotional offers and/or changing or adding a plan, and you authorize us to charge your Payment Method for such varying amounts, which may be billed monthly in one or more charges.
- No Refunds. PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR PARTIALLY USED PERIODS. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your current billing period. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our members (“credits”). The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide credits in the future, under any circumstance.
- Payment Methods. You may edit your Payment Method information by visiting our website and clicking on the “Your Account” link, available at the top of the pages of the FNTSY website. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment Method information or cancel your account (see, “Cancellation” below), you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. If you signed up for FNTSY using your account with a third party (i.e., iTunes, or similar account) as a Payment Method, and wish to cancel your FNTSY membership at any time, including during your free trial, you will need to do so through such third party, including by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from, the FNTSY service. You may also find billing information about your FNTSY membership by visiting your account with the applicable third party. For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Cancellation. You may cancel your FNTSY membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the FNTSY service through the end of your monthly billing period. WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR ANY PARTIAL-MONTH MEMBERSHIP PERIODS OR UNWATCHED MOVIES OR TV SHOWS. To cancel, go to the “Your Account” page on our website and follow the instructions for cancellation.
- FNTSY Service
- The FNTSY service, and any content viewed through our service, are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your FNTSY membership, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the FNTSY service and view movies and TV shows through the service on a streaming-only basis for that purpose. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you.
- You may view Content and SHOWS through the FNTSY service only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such Content and SHOWS. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location. FNTSY will use technologies to verify your geographic location. YOU MAY WATCH ON UP TO FOUR UNIQUE AUTHORIZED FNTSY READY DEVICES AND THE NUMBER OF DEVICES ON WHICH YOU MAY SIMULTANEOUSLY WATCH IS LIMITED. Go to the change plan information in the “Your Account” page to see the number of devices on which you may simultaneously watch. The number of devices available for use and the simultaneous streams may change from time to time at our discretion without notice.
- We continually update the FNTSY service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, service levels, plans, promotional features, availability of Content and SHOWS, delivery and pricing. We reserve the right to, and by using our service you agree that we may, include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time and without notice in how we offer and operate our service.
- The availability of SHOWS to watch will change from time to time, and from country to country. The quality of the display of the streaming SHOWS may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. FNTSY makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your watching experience on your display. The time it takes to begin watching a Content and SHOWS will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the Content and SHOWS you have selected and the configuration of your FNTSY ready device.
- FNTSY streaming software is developed by, or for, FNTSY and is designed to enable streaming of content from FNTSY through FNTSY ready devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities may also differ between devices. BY USING OUR SERVICE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO THE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (https://fantasysportsnetwork.com/EULA) AND TO RECEIVE, WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE OR PROMPTING, UPDATED VERSIONS OF THE FNTSY AND RELATED THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE FOREGOING TERMS, DO NOT USE OUR SERVICE. WE DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OR OTHERWISE WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE DEVICES, INCLUDING THE CONTINUING COMPATIBILITY OF THE DEVICE WITH OUR SERVICE. By using our service, you agree to look solely to the entity that manufactured and/or sold you the device for any issues related to the device and its compatibility with the FNTSY service. If your FNTSY ready device is sold, lost or stolen, please deactivate the FNTSY ready device. If you fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may access the FNTSY service through your account and may be able to access certain of your account information. To deactivate a device, follow instructions on the “Your Account” page of our website.
- Passwords & Account Access
- The member who created the FNTSY account and whose Payment Method is charged is referred to here as the Account Owner. The Account Owner has access and control over the FNTSY account. The Account Owner’s control is exercised through use of the Account Owner’s password and therefore to maintain exclusive control, the Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the Account Owner wishes to prohibit others from contacting FNTSY Customer Service and potentially altering the Account Owner’s control, the Account Owner should not reveal the Payment Method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card, or their email address if they use PayPal) associated with their account. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the FNTSY service, FNTSY implements technology that enables us to recognize you as the Account Owner and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the FNTSY service, which includes accessing via FNTSY ready devices or website.
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the FNTSY website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. FNTSY reserves the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. FNTSY is not obligated to credit or discount a membership for holds placed on the account by either a representative of FNTSY or by the automated processes of FNTSY.
- Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on LiabilityGifts & Promotions. We may offer Gift Subscriptions for purchase on our websites. Your Payment Method will be charged for any purchased Gift Subscriptions. The purchase and redemption of Gift Subscriptions are subject to the Gift Subscription Terms (https://fantasysportsnetwork.com/GiftTerms). Promotional codes may be redeemed on our website. Promotional codes can only be used once and cannot be redeemed for cash, resold or combined with any other offers, including a free trial. If you received a promotion code through an offer by a third party, additional restrictions may apply.
- THE FNTSY SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, OR ANY OTHER FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE FNTSY SERVICE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. FNTSY DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE FNTSY SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. FNTSY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR THE USE OF APPLICATIONS, FNTSY READY DEVICES, AND FNTSY SOFTWARE (INCLUDING THEIR CONTINUING COMPATIBILITY WITH OUR SERVICE).
- TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT SHALL FNTSY, OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR ANY OF THEIR SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Intellectual Property
- Copyright. The FNTSY service, including all content provided on the FNTSY service, is protected by Canada, United States and international copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Trademarks. FNTSY is a registered trademark of Fantasy Sports Media Group, Inc. For information on use of FNTSY trademarks.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. If you believe your work has been reproduced or distributed in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of any infringing material available through the FNTSY service, please notify us by completing the Copyright Infringement Claims form (https://fantasysportsnetwork.com/acknowledgement).
- Governing LawApplications. You may encounter third-party applications (including, without limitation, websites, widgets, software, or other software utilities) (“Application(s)”) that interact with the FNTSY service. These Applications may import data related to your FNTSY account and activity and otherwise gather data from you. These Applications are provided solely as a convenience to you, and FNTSY is not responsible for such Applications. SUCH APPLICATIONS ARE OWNED OR OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO WITH OR SPONSORED BY FNTSY AND MAY NOT BE AUTHORIZED FOR USE WITH OUR SERVICE IN ALL COUNTRIES. USE OF AN APPLICATION IS AT YOUR OWN OPTION AND RISK.
- You may also be entitled to certain consumer protection rights under the laws of your local jurisdiction.
- Use of Information Submitted. FNTSY is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us (“Feedback”), including responses to questionnaires or through postings to the FNTSY service, including the FNTSY website and user interfaces, without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the FNTSY service. In addition, you agree not to enforce any “moral rights” in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Please note FNTSY does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for movies or TV shows, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to FNTSY. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against FNTSY and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the material or idea you sent.
- Arbitration Agreement
- If you elect to seek arbitration or file a small claim court action, you must first send to FNTSY, by certified mail, a written Notice of your claim (“Notice”). The Notice to FNTSY must be addressed to: General Counsel, Fantasy Sports Media Group, Inc., 230 – 171 East Liberty Street, Toronto, ON, M6K 3P6 (“Notice Address”). If FNTSY initiates arbitration, it will send a written Notice to the email address used for your membership account. A Notice, whether sent by you or by FNTSY, must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). If FNTSY and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or FNTSY may commence an arbitration proceeding or file a claim in small claims court.
- You may download or copy a form Notice and a form to initiate arbitration at www.adr.org. If you are required to pay a filing fee, after FNTSY receives notice at the Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration, FNTSY will promptly reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for greater than US$10,000, in which event you will be responsible for filing fees.
- The arbitration will be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by this Agreement, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and Forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by writing to the Notice Address. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including issues relating to the scope and enforceability of this arbitration agreement. Unless FNTSY and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of your residence.
- If your claim is for US$10,000 or less, we agree that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds US$10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based. If the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of FNTSY’s last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected (or if FNTSY did not make a settlement offer before an arbitrator was selected), then FNTSY will pay you the amount of the award or US$1,000, whichever is greater. Except as expressly set forth herein, the payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.
- YOU AND FNTSY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and FNTSY agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim.
Last updated: March 4, 2014